If you want to know the truth about how your business compares to your competitor, just ask your customer! This may seem like a strange thing to do, but if you think about it – your customer is the one that experiences what you have to offer and can verbalize the product and customer service comparison.
Here are eight questions that you should consistently ask your customers to help guide you in staying ahead of the competition:
- “Why do you buy from us?” – This question highlights your product strengths – some of which you may not be aware.
- “Can you name one employee who has impressed you in our organization?” – This invites a positive comment for the ‘unsung heroes’ on your team.
- “Would you consider referring our company to friends or family?” – A truthful answer will give you insight into the quality of your services.
- “What is one thing that you think we could improve upon?” – This answer will highlight possible opportunities to improve on aspects of your business that you may have never considered.
- “If asked, what would you tell someone who may be considering your services?” – Again wonderful insight on your great strengths as well as areas that may need improvement.
- “What is the one thing that you think we do best?” – This answer will tell you what your customer really values about you AND your services!
- “Would you consider yourself a fully satisfied customer?” – It can only be answered ‘yes’ or ‘no.’ The obvious follow-up question is…
- “Why / Why not?” – You must be prepared for positive and negative feedback – this is where lessons are learned!
Initially it may be hard to ask your customer these questions. However, the priceless insight you will receive is invaluable. You’ll find that your customers enjoy the opportunity to tell you what they think! So, now is the time to ask questions, listen to the response and do something about it. You have nothing to lose.
Remember, R2R Marketing is here to assist you with all of your marketing needs.