Technology is a wonderful thing, but ask yourself these questions:
- Do you pick up your phone the minute you wake up to see what you might have missed while you slept?
- Do you spend hours at a time playing video games on a computer or game console?
- Do you take your phone with you to the bathroom?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you’re probably addicted to technology on some level. Here are five simple suggestions to help you break away:
- Crack open a book. Give your brain a break from technology by taking 30 minutes every day to read a good book. Choose books on subjects that interest you, and be sure to expand your horizons by including non-fiction and biographies in your collection.
- Allow yourself to be bored. Take advantage of the little waits throughout the day – at stoplights, in line at the grocery store – to take in the world around you, strike up a conversation with a stranger, or brainstorm about the latest project you’ve been working on.
- Soak up the sun. If the sun is out, get outside for at least an hour of physical activity, which will be good for your mental as well as your physical health. And remember to leave your smartphone at home or in the car.
- Give yourself a break. Discipline yourself by taking periodic breaks from technology throughout the day. Allow yourself five minutes to check your devices, then silence them and put them somewhere out of sight for the next 30 minutes. You’ll be surprised how much more you can accomplish
- Take a technology hiatus as a family. Take your break one step further and institute one day a week to go technology-free. Taking this time away will allow you to reconnect with yourself, your family and focus on those things which are most important to you
At R2R Marketing, we are here to help you market your business. Call 1-866-506-7272 today to learn more.